InPower Update: 😭 Why Crying at Work is OK

InPower Coaching
May 8, 2023

Excerpt from InPower Coaching Newsleter - Sent May 3, 2023

Ever watch a personal hero cry at work? I did recently. It was awe inspiring to watch her recover, reputation intact and enhanced. It reminded me that the “never cry at work” advice many women receive is overly simplistic. The truth of authentic emotional expression in professional environments is, like emotions themselves, nuanced and powerful. ~ Dana Theus

RECENT INPOWER POST

Explore our latest blog post about Emotional Intelligence and the role of crying at work. Uncover the benefits of emotional expression, the impact on your career, and strategies for handling tears in a professional setting. Learn how to navigate emotions for both yourself and coworkers while fostering an authentic and supportive work environment.

Crying at Work - And Other Emotionally Intelligent Career Advancement Strategies

I’m not a cryer, but that doesn’t mean I’ve never found myself crying at work–or wanting to very, very, very, badly. Harsh judgements, bullies, layoffs, no sleep, big risks gone sideways, bad personal news crashing into our workdays…there are many good reasons that tears are an appropriate response to the lives we lead in the workplace. And despite the fact that everyone experiences this, our workplace cultures are pretty terrible at guiding us about how to handle tearful emotions constructively. CONTINUE READING

Read the full newsletter on "Crying at Work"