How to Interview for a Job & Negotiate Your Job Offer

Interviewing for jobs is an exciting, but stressful time where your confidence is under pressure, which can lead you to unconsciously project desperation, reducing your negotiating leverage during offer negotiations. With the right kind of intellectual and emotional preparation for interviews: 

• you’ll make a great case for yourself 

• you’ll get the information you need to make a smart decision if they offer you the job 

I've helped so many people successfully find a job they love that I know preparing for interviews and offer negotiations can be nerve-wracking. I'd love to tell you to relax but I know that this is the absolute greatest opportunity to boost your lifetime income, and relaxing under pressure is hard! Instead I'm going to advise you to put in the effort to prepare for interviews and negotiate your offers, in ways that allow you to relax more authentically, and move out of a desperation mindset. Any desperation you feel will reduce your negotiating leverage (even if you think you're hiding it well!) 

Wavering confidence will cost you. When you nervously accept less than you’re worth in compensation and benefits, you can depress your lifetime income by as much as $60,000 for every $1,000 you leave on the table! 

Below are my go-to coaching strategies to help you ace your job interview and get the employment package you deserve.