A few years ago a client came to me to help her develop an assertive communication style to replace her current style, which swung radically (based on circumstance) between being aggressive/defensive and meek/intimidated. Within two weeks of beginning to detrigger, she had transformed herself in professional meetings and begun to shift important personal relationships in her life, too.

Here's what she had to say about the impact of detriggering:

"Before I started working with InPower Coaching detriggering techniques, I was struggling with confidently getting my ideas across and standing for them without appearing to be aggressive or authoritarian. My communication patterns made it difficult for me to work effectively in a team. It was seriously affecting my personal and professional relations. I had even decided to become silent in important meetings and situations, convinced that I was born to keep quiet. Fundamentally my life changed after my 2nd InPower session. Using InPower Coaching detriggering strategies, I realized that my communication shapes how I am perceived by the people I interact with.

I now react to people very differently and people in my personal and professional life seem delighted to talk with me – even if we disagree! I am totally in control of my emotions and communicate clearly with confidence during my meetings with senior officials. My close relatives, my supervisor and my colleagues wished I had done this work before!"
-- L.H.G. Economist & International Development Program Analyst

So now you know how powerful detriggering can be, but you may be asking yourself....