InPower Update: Out with the old ๐Ÿ—‘๏ธ

InPower Coaching
Jan 11

Excerpt from InPower Coaching newsletter - sent January 4, 2024

The New Year is here! Are you ready? If you find yourself stuck getting excited about the new possibilities ahead, it could be because you haven't put away the old ones. Here's a way to think about getting ready for the future by closing out the past. ~ Dana Theus

INPOWER POSTS

THE PSYCHOLOGY OF CLOSURE

This is an oldie-but-goodie post. Be on the lookout for some fresh energy from InPower Coaching this year. More soon!

Have you ever noticed that once you can tell a story about something, itโ€™s in the past?

The yearโ€™s end is upon us and I observe my clients reaching for closure to make sense of another time of upheaval in the world. I encourage everyone to engage in the psychology of closure, not just at year-end, but in any transition. Closure is a powerful force for change, growth, and evolution and our brains are naturally constructed to use it.

So this year, make yourself a commitment to bring an intentional close to the year and set your sights on new aspirations for the months ahead.

To help you prioritize making time to close out YOUR year, Iโ€™d like to explore this powerful dynamic more deeply. Why do our brains try so hard to tell the story of time in wrapped-up little packages with nice neat endings? And how can we use this to our benefit? - CONTINUE READING

Click to read the full newsletter on "Out with the old"